Level 1 Mental Health Awareness
This course illustrates the difference between mental health and mental illness. It covers the symptoms of several of the most prevalent mental illnesses. If you work with someone with one of these conditions, you will know what to look out for or expect. This course provides some practical advice on how you can work effectively with those affected by these conditions and develop the skills that will enable you to progress into a career in the health and social care sector.
* Understand how common mental health problems are in the UK
* Understand the different mental health problems
* Understand the principle of parity of esteem concerning mental health
* Know where to find supplementary information and support for people who have mental health problems
* Understand how health and social care staff can improve their interaction among people with mental health problems.
How is this course delivered?
We discuss your organisation's needs via email, phone call or video call, and we agree on the best method to use for your clients, either online via zoom call or at your business premises.
For training held online via Zoom video, an invite is sent to all registrants in advance of starting the course.
The assessment is a test questionnaire where the required mark is 75%, with three chances to pass.
Accredited Electronic Certificates (e-Certificates) are sent by email to all attendees who have completed and passed the course.