This course enables participants to manage stress at work and at home more effectively by gaining an understanding of the causes of stress and the effects stress can have on health. Particpants of this course will also be able to illustrate the difference between mental health and mental illness.
On completion, participants will be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of stress and look at ways of preventing or reducing stress. And will know what to look out for or expect when working with someone with mental health illness
Two Individually Certificated Mind Awareness courses completed in one full-day session. 2 Course Bundle - Stress Awareness & Mental Health Awareness.
* Describe what is meant by the term ‘stress’
* Explain the UK context of stress
* Recognise the organisational impact of stress
* Understand the legal implications of not managing stress
* Understand what can be done to manage stress in our lives.
Mental Health Awareness
* Understand how common mental health problems are in the UK
* Understand the different mental health problems
* Understand the principle of parity of esteem concerning mental health
* Know where to find supplementary information and support for people who have mental health problems
* Understand how health and social care staff can improve their interaction among people with mental health problems.
How is this course delivered?
We discuss your organisation's needs via email, phone call or video call, and we agree on the best method to use for your clients, either online via zoom call or at your business premises.
For training held online via Zoom video, an invite is sent to all registrants in advance of starting the course.
The assessment is a test questionnaire where the required mark is 75%, with three chances to pass.
Accredited Electronic Certificates (e-Certificates) are sent by email to all attendees who have completed and passed the course.